The Latest From Metro Tagaytay
The neighborhood of Metro Tagaytay includes the country's second summer capital, Tagaytay City, as well as the upland Cavite towns adjacent to it-- Alfonso, Amadeo, Indang, Mendez, and Silang.
What's Happening In and Around Metro Tagaytay
Big Country Marketing operates from the town of Amadeo, just outside Tagaytay City. (Read more about our origin story here.)
We're locals ourselves, with a boots-on-the-ground perspective on what's going in and around the neighborhood. We'd like to think we have a good enough idea on what sort of business ventures might work out here, or what sort of real estate projects are worth investing in, or what kind of services might be of use to local brands and entrepreneurs.
Alfonso, Cavite is known as the agri-industrial center of upland Cavite, and is home to private and corporate farm ventures of all kinds, as well as eco-tourism entrepreneurs, and retirees.
(Photo by Isabels.ph)
Known as "The Coffee Capital of the Philippines", Amadeo, Cavite has been harnessing the potential of its agricultural lands through the use of new technology and modern methods. Recently, more organic farms have sprouted in town, catering to the demand of not just the restaurants and hotels in nearby Tagaytay City, but that of Metro Manila and other towns as well.
(Photo by louisevalenz)
Indang is an inland municipality, centrally located in the province of Cavite. Rich in history, the town of Indang is known as the vegetable center of Metro Tagaytay with fertile soil and a number of streams and springs running through it, making it ideal for farming.
(Photo by IndangBeauty)
Mendez, Cavite (or Mendez-Nuñez) is one of the smallest towns in the province, known for its rolling terrain and rich soil making it ideal for growing a number of crops. Coffee, rice, corn, pineapple, coconut, and bananas are grown commercially, with an abundance of fruits, vegetables, and root crops as well.
(Photo by elgwapito)
With its relatively cool and invigorating climate, Silang, Cavite is home to several universities and learning institutions, as well as furniture shops, landscaping and garden supply shops, and plant vendors.
(Photo by Angelo the Explorer)
Because of its breathtaking scenery and cooler climate, Tagaytay City is one of the Philippines' most popular tourist destinations. Located up on a ridge, Tagaytay overlooks Taal Lake (and Taal Volcano) in Batangas, providing picturesque views from several vantage points in the city.
(Photo by Bridal Cars Tagaytay)
Doing Business in Metro Tagaytay
Looking to set up a new venture in Metro Tagaytay? The neighborhood is experiencing a fair amount of growth, which in turn, brings about a steady flow of business. Here are a few key industries driving Metro Tagaytay's continuing development:
- Travel and Tourism. We're talking about hotels, B&B's, restaurants, resorts, and tour operators of all kinds. And then you've got your vacation rentals, and your listings on Airbnb,
- Real Estate. A lot of people are either setting up shop, relocating, or retiring to Metro Tagaytay, and there's a piece of property for just anyone looking to buy, rent, or sell.
- Farming. All kinds of farms-- vegetables, flowers, livestock, tree saplings, culinary herbs, and even mushrooms, bee, and coffee-- all these
- Weddings. Metro Tagaytay is home to dozens of wedding venues, and hundreds of wedding vendors-- caterers, wedding coordinators, florists, stylists, cake artists, lights and sounds, hair and makeup artists, photographers and videographers, couturiers, bridal car rentals, emcees, bands, and musicians-- all operate in and around Tagaytay City.
- Health and Wellness. An exciting growth sector, with more establishments offering healthier dining options, and hotels offering more relaxing and rejuvenating experiences for more health-conscious clients.
- Memories of 'Overlooking' - Manila Bulletin
- Metro Manila's residential housing market seen growing 50% in 4 years - Manila Bulletin
- Metro Pacific to ink deal with Leighton for CALAX - Rappler
- Canyon Woods Resort Club: Where nature and health are as one - Business Mirror
- How to live a Metro-like lifestyle away from the Metro? - Inquirer.net
- Still feels like home - Malaya
- Planned expressway seen to cut Manila-Tagaytay travel time - Rappler
- History, adventure amid urban bustle - Inquirer.net
- Anya ready to take on the world - Inquirer.net
- First 24/7 Super Metro Hypermarket opens in Tagaytay | SunStar - Sun.Star
- The Inn at Cliffhouse | Where To Stay in Tagaytay
- Where To Get Fresh Fruits and Veggies While in Tagaytay
- The Sights from The Carmelence View
- Tagaytay Living at the ISLA Events Management Workshop
- 11 Things To Know About Tarragon
- Invest in Your Bridal Gown | Tagaytay Wedding Tips
- Tagaytay Pre-Nup Photoshoot From Studio1 Philippines
- Hair and Makeup Artist: Signature By Lyka
- Get a Wedding Planner For Your Tagaytay Wedding | Tagaytay Wedding Tips
- Suits and Gowns From Infinity Closet